Sunday 12 February 2012

I scare myself - Thomas Dolby

This 12" single features the long version of 'I scare myself', a track taken from Thomas Dolby's 1984 album 'The Flat earth'. This is actually the album version of the track; it was edited on the 7" single. 'I scare myself' was written by American singer/songwriter Dan Hicks and it was the only cover version on the seven track album.

'The Flat earth' was re-released in 2009 with no less than eight bonus tracks, one of which was a live version of 'I scare myself'. It can't match this perfect studio recording which is so beautifully produced.

My collection: 12" single no. 258
Found: Record exchange, London, October 1995
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'I scare myself (long version)' / 'Puppet theatre', 'Cloudburst at shingle street (edited version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising