Tuesday 12 July 2011

Control - Janet Jackson

Listening to the 12" single of Janet Jackson's 'Control', the title track of her 1986 album, you can't help but notice how dated it all sounds. The big drums, the synthesized music, and even the vocal: here's something at work that needs some more maturity.

'I've got my own life / I wanna make my own decisions', Janet sings in this song. In the decades to come she would do plenty of that. It would lead to many successful albums and singles and some skin-uncovering scandals. But as she says in this song, she was always in control....

My collection: 12" single no. 566
Found: Fun Records, Berlin, received July 9, 2011
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Control (extended)', 'Control (edit)' / 'Control (dub)', 'Pretty boy'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising