Thursday 15 October 2009

Take on me - A-ha

Earlier today I read the news that A-ha is disbanding. It's a sad thing: for a quarter of a century they have made some of the most incredible pop songs, and their craft became better with every album. Their latest, 'Foot of the mountain' (2009) is a great piece of retro synthpop, with some of the best melodies they've ever composed.

So by way of a tribute, here is their earliest release, bar the original version of 'Take on me', which featured on the blog before. This is the second release of that song from 1985, with a new recording and a different B-side. It was still not successful. It was re-released in the same year with this sleeve and it was a case of 'third time lucky': that time it became a worldwide hit.

My collection: 7" single no. 3207
Found: Record fair, September 30, 2000
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Take on me' / 'Love is reason'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising