Saturday 31 January 2009

Take on me - A-ha

After the original release of 'Take on me' in 1984 failed to chart, the record company tried it for the second time - again without success. Then, in 1985, they released the single for the third time, this time with an innovative video to accompany it. It was a success: the song peaked at number on in the USA and the Netherlands, and reached number 2 in the UK. At the MTV Video Music Awards in 1986, the video won six awards.

The single was released with a new sleeve, but there was also a limited edition sleeve with a booklet, featuring several images from the video. I bought the regular single back in 1985, and last year I bought the limited edition - finally.

My collection: 7" single no. 344
Found: LP Top 100, Den Haag, 1985
Cost: 5,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Take on me' / 'Love is reason'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising