Friday 23 October 2009

Something's jumpin' in your shirt - Lisa Marie with Malcolm McLaren and the Bootzilla Orchestra

'Something's jumpin' in your shirt' was the second single taken from Malcolm McLaren's 1989 album 'Waltz darling'. The song comes with a peculiar lyric, which I'm sure is about tits. And I'm not sure there are that many hit singles about that particular subject (Well, excluding the whole hiphop genre, of course - I'm talking about music here).

The single reached number 29 in the UK singles chart and number 8 in the Dutch Top 40. I remember buying the cd-single for a guilder during an open air market in Hoorn almost a decade later from a little kid who was just about 10 years old. I was wondering what that little boy was doing with this particular song...

My collection: 7" single no. 967
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, August 19, 1989
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Something's jumpin' in your shirt' / 'All night long'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising