Saturday 22 August 2009

I love it loud - Kiss

Today is a big day in the history of my record collection: I've bought my 4000th single! Having almost reached the age of 39, this means that on average I've bought 102 singles per year. Although I ordered a few singles abroad a week ago, none of them appeared in my mailbox, so I still bought my 4000th single during a small record fair today. And it's not just any single!

'I love it loud' was a track from Kiss's 1982 album 'Creatures of the night'. This single first came to my attention back in 1982, when my sister bought a copy in our local record shop. The movable tongue is a very distinctive feature in the sleeve for this single (see the video below). And the track itself is remarkable as well, with a 'false fade' at the end. Ever since that day, I've been searching for this single. I only saw it a couple of times during record fairs for (much) more than 20 euros. The strange thing is, it never appears on eBay as well (although right now a copy with a different sleeve is listed).

My copy of the single carries a sticker on the back, with the text: 'Sample record - not for sale'. I have to assume that this version of the single was a promotional item, and not too many of them exist. It's not bad to have a collectors item like this as my number 4000.



My collection: 7" single no. 4000
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, August 22, 2009
Cost: 5 euro
Tracks: 'I love it loud' / 'Killer'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising