Thursday 4 June 2009

Unless - Pale Fountains

When I found 'Thank you' after a couple of years searching, I also found this single, 'Unless'. I decided to give it a try - and I wasn't disappointed. It's the same kind of elegant pop music that they made on 'Thank you'.

'Unless' was released in January 1984 and didn't reach the charts - much like all their other singles. The Pale Fountains split up soon after this release, leaving Mick Head to form Shack and Andy Diagram to join James. Bassist Chris McCaffery died in 1986 of a brain tumour.

My collection: 7" single no. 1831
Found: Record palace, Amsterdam, January 13, 1993
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Unless' / 'Natural'

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how similar our taste is in music. Pale Fountains remains a favorite to this day. Although I already have this single, thanks for posting so that others may hear it too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising