Saturday 20 June 2009

I believe in you - Talk Talk

I wrote about 'I believe in you' before, but that was because of the promotional 7" single that I own. A few years after getting that one, I found a version of the commercially available single, featuring the B-side 'John Cope'. Since this single was made in Spain, it is a bit of a rarity as well.

The single failed to breach the charts in any country as far as I know. Tim Pope directed a music video for this track, featuring Mark Hollis sitting with his guitar, singing the lyrics. 'That was a massive mistake,' said Hollis afterwards. 'I thought just by sitting there and listening and really thinking about what it was about, I could get that in my eyes. But you cannot do it. It just feels stupid.'

My collection: 7" single no. 2613
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, February 10, 1996
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I believe in you (edit)' / 'John Cope'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising