Saturday 21 February 2009

I believe in you - Talk Talk

Out of all the Talk Talk 7" singles I have, this is probably the rarest one. It showed up in my record shop and I bought without hesitation. 'I believe in you' was already out for a few weeks, and spotting this promotional single with twice the edit of the song on it, I had to have it. This edit wasn't released on cd at the time, so I even wrote down which side of the disc I played, so I could preserve the other side for later. Fortunately, the edit was released on cd in 1997.

Taken from the excellent album 'Spirit of Eden', 'I believe in you' is apparently an 'anti-heroin song'. When asked whether the lyrics are based on personal experience, Mark Hollis replied, 'No, not at all. But, you know, I met people who got totally fucked up on it. Within rock music there's so much fucking glorification of it, and it is a wicked, horrible thing.'

My collection: 7" single no. 659
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, October 1, 1988
Cost: 3,5 guilders
Tracks: 'I believe in you (edit)' / 'I believe in you (edit)'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising