Monday 13 April 2009

Sweetest child - Maria McKee

The sleeve of 'Sweetest child' states 'featuring Maria McKee', but since no other artist is mentioned, I always take this simply as a song by her. And indeed, it was written by McKee with Brody and Glover, so my assumption should be correct.

The other assumption I made when this single came out, was that it would be a hit. I wasn't right in that respect: the single flopped in the territories I know about. Still, it is a nice song and there is no real explanation for its lack of success.

My collection: 7" single no. 1690
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, August 1, 1992
Cost: 6,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Sweetest child (7" version)' / 'Acapella sweetest child'

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for that valuable Maria McKee info. Hadn't heard the song until just now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to hear the two versions of this song. I had the hugest crush on Maria McKee back in the Lone Justice days and she had that cute 'bob-haircut' and rode her skateboard down the hill.

    I've really enjoyed searching through your blog, it brings back some great memories as well as offering up some new gems (especially the B-sides). I guess I don't understand why you choose to only post your uploads for a short time. Most of what you are offering isn't on the market anymore. A sale on eBay or amazon doesn't benefit the artists and most of the B -sides are not available on iTunes. You have a really neat collection here, thanks for sharing-

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising