Monday 13 April 2009

Seven wonders - Fleetwood Mac

I know that Fleetwood Mac is famous especially for their albums 'Rumours' and 'Tusk', but my personal favourite remains the 'comeback album' 'Tango in the night', released in 1987. It has been slammed for being 'too commercial sounding', but I wonder what could be wrong with that. The compositions have stood the test of time, and best of all: most of the singles have been released on 12" single with an extended remix. Now this is a part of my collection that I'm still working on...

I recently found the 12" single of 'Seven wonders', and quite cheaply too. Released as the second single from the million-selling album, it couldn't match the success of previous single 'Big love'. It was a top 20 hit in America and South-Africa only.
My collection: 12" single no. 495
Found: Record fair, Rijswijk, March 14, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Seven wonders (extended remix)' / 'Book of miracles (instrumental)', 'Seven wonders (dub)'

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for sharing the Fleetwood Mac 'Seven Wonders' 12 Inch, the Jellybean extended and dub mixes of the track really stand the test of time, such a crisp full sound...he did a few other Fleetwood Mac remixes such as Little Lies and they are well worth tracking down as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising