Monday 9 February 2009

Indulgence no. 2 - The Divine Comedy

In 1994, the Divine Comedy supported Tori Amos during her European tour. They played a few dozen dates all over Europe, including three in the Netherlands. I went to see Tori Amos on May 8 and in Scheveningen on May 9, and was pleasantly surprised by the support act. (That in itself was a remarkable feat!) The beautiful melodies and humorous lyrics appealed to me greatly.

It didn't take long to get 'Promenade', their then-current album, but soon I started to look for other things as well. I found this ep in London, while I was on holiday there. It contains three live recordings from that 1994 tour. Later it turned out to be a collector's item - I still haven't found 'Indulgence no. 1'.

My collection: 7" single no. 2183
Found: Sister Ray, London, September 28, 1994
Cost: 5 pounds
Tracks: 'A drinking song (live)' / 'When the lights go out all over Europe (live)', 'Tonight we fly (live)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising