Monday 9 February 2009

Happy Birthday - Altered Images

'Happy Birthday' was Altered Images' biggest hit, reaching number 2 in the UK singles chart in the autumn of 1981. It was the third single taken from the album of the same name. 'Happy Birthday' was later included in the soundtrack to the John Hughes movie 'Sixteen Candles' (1984).

I bought this single as one of three Altered Images singles in December 2002, while I was following the Here and Now Tour in the UK. This was one of the tracks performed live by Clare Grogan, and one of those instantly hummable tunes you either love or loathe. In my case, I loved it.

My collection: 7" single no. 3370
Found: Record Exchange, December 2002
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Happy Birthday' / 'So we go whispering'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising