Friday 20 February 2009

Going in with my eyes open - David Soul

As much as I remembered 'Don't give up on us', the only thing I knew about 'Going in with my eyes open' was that I didn't dislike the song when it was in the chart. Of course, I was only six years old at that time - so when I bought the single two decades later it was a bit of a gamble. What's more, the copy I bought originally didn't even have a picture sleeve. I replaced it two weeks after buying that one with a copy that did.

'Going in with my eyes open' peaked at number 17 in the Dutch Top 40, number 2 in the UK and number 54 in the US Billboard Hot 100. I think the British people were right: it's still a beautiful song now.

My collection: 7" single no. 2380
Found: House of rhythm, London, July 1, 1995
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Going in with my eyes open' / 'Topanga'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising