Tuesday 9 December 2008

Don't give up on us - David Soul

David Soul was born in Chicago, Illinois as David Richard Solberg. He gained superstar status in the 1970's when he played the role of detective Ken "Hutch" Hutchinson on the TV series Starsky & Hutch. While this series was still broadcast, David launched a successful singing career. His debut single, 'Don't give up on us' reached no. 1 in America and the UK. In the Netherlands, it made no. 3.

I got to know the song, like many songs in the late Seventies, through the radio and the singles collection my sister had. Twelve years later, I bought my own copy of that single. It's still a beautiful ballad.

My collection: 7" single no. 807
Found: All that music, Leiden, May 5, 1989
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Don't give up on us' / 'Black bean soup'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising