Tuesday 18 November 2008

Good times - Chic

The assignment: buy as many singles as you can for 1 pound. The place: a warehouse, either Woolworth or some similar shop. The time: a summer holiday in 1979. I was only eight years old, but I knew what I had to do. I bought no less than 10 ex-chart singles in that shop in London. Almost all of them were in plain white paper sleeves, and all of them were UK pressings, something that I considered to be the best souvenir of this country I could ever have - better than a small Big Ben statue or a t-shirt with the word 'London' on it.

One of those singles was Chic's 'Good times'. Only a few months later this song would be misused for Sugarhill Gang's 'Rapper's delight'. What a waste...

My collection: 7" single no. 13
Found: London, July 1979
Cost: 10p
Tracks: 'Good times' / 'A warm summer night'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising