Sunday 6 October 2024

No doubt about it (Little Tequila-mix) - Hot Chocolate

A Hot Chocolate remix album seemed like a good idea, after Ben Liebrand's remix of 'You sexy thing' had become a top 10 hit in the UK. Unfortunately, not all of the remixes were executed equally well. Al Topo's remix of 'Heaven's in the backseat of my Cadillac' didn't chart at all, and this remix of 'No doubt about it' by a certain Frank Mono (who worked with Al Topo, who plays additional instruments on this remix) was just plain lazy. Adding some instruments to the original track does not a remix make.

I added this single to my collection, because I'm getting ever closer to a complete Hot Chocolate discography. But I think a remix album is still a good idea - if executed with better remixers.

My collection: 7" single no. 7349
Found: Discogs.com, received 28 September 2024
Tracks: 'No doubt about it (Little Tequila-mix)' / 'Gave you my heart  (didn't I)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising