Sunday 6 October 2024

I saw the light - The The

Back in 1994, The The released Hanky Panky, an album filled with cover versions of songs by Hank Williams, an American singer-songwriter. I'd never heard of the man, but apparently he is regarded as one of the most significant and influential American singers and songwriters of the 20th century. 

I have to say that after the album Mind Bomb, which I regard as The The's best ever album, this one came as a disappointment. I bought the CD-single, but only played it once or twice. With the recent resurgence of The The I had to go back to it and decided it wasn't so bad after all. And so, here's the 10 inch single, featuring the same tracks as on that CD-single. Which is why I never bought it three decades ago. Well, it's never too late.

My collection: 10" single [unnumbered]
Found: Discogs.com, received 4 October 2024
Tracks: 'I saw the light', 'I'm free at last' / 'Someday you'll call my name', 'There's no room in my heart for the blues'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising