Sunday 19 May 2024

Tonight - David Bowie

David Bowie is often praised for his pre-Eighties work, but during the Eighties I discovered the man, and personally I feel his best work was released during the Nineties. But from all I've read, most people think his Ziggy Stardust era was the best thing since sliced bread. Obviously I disagree.

As for comments that his Eighties work is sub-par, I disagree for the most part as well. Perhaps the album Tonight, released in 1984, is an exception. It wasn't a particularly inspired piece of work, with the title track made a little less enjoyable for the guest appearance by Tina Turner. I can't really stand her voice, but again, most people seem to be particularly fond of her cat wailing. So why buy this single, 'Tonight'? Well, it was missing from my collection, and it seems odd that I would miss just one of Bowie's Eighties singles.

My collection: 7" single no. 7204
Found: Discogs.com, received 17 May 2024
Tracks: 'Tonight' / 'Tumble and twirl'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising