Monday 20 May 2024

Ordinary girl - Alison Moyet

Alison Moyet enjoyed a great deal of success with her debut solo album Alf in 1984. She followed it up with Raindancing over a year later. The first two singles, 'Is this love?' and 'Weak in the presence of beauty' both reached the UK top 10, but the third single, 'Ordinary girl', wasn't that lucky. It only reached number 43, while also missing out on any chart placement all over Europe.

That's not to say this is a bad song: it's absolutely catchy, but I have to admit that I didn't know the song at all when I bought this single. But you can never go wrong with Alison Moyet, I have found. Maybe the record company should have done a bit more of a marketing push back in 1987.

My collection: 7" single no. 7199
Found: Discogs.com, received 14 May 2024
Tracks: 'Ordinary girl' / 'Palm of your hand (Cloak and dagger)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising