Friday 31 May 2024

Belfast child (edit) - Simple Minds

Can it really be 13 years since I last bought a Simple Minds single? I guess so, but this time I felt it was quite necessary. I bought 'Belfast child' back in 1989, right after it came out, as it's probably one of the band's best ever songs. While I was selecting some singles from an online seller, I came across this promotional 7" featuring an edit of that song. 

Driven by curiosity, I had to buy this promo, because I really wanted to know how anyone could trim down this epic piece. I have to say it was done quite well: the lenghty intro was scrapped and near the end some slow bits were also edited out. All in all, this is still a five minute song - but it does constitute an edit, in this case. The B-side does have a playable groove, but it is all silent.

My collection: 7" single no. 7210
Found: Discogs.com, received 29 May 2024
Tracks: 'Belfast child (edit)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising