Monday 9 May 2022

Copacabana (At the Copa) - Barry Manilow

Many years ago, 43 to be exact, I got the album Het beste uit de Top 40 van het jaar. It was one of the first albums I owned and I played it many times. Almost every song on it is a winner, and I have bought most of them on 7" as well. Every now and again, I pick up one of the remaining singles, just like this one.

'Copacabana' was a big hit for Barry Manilow in 1978. It was inspired by a conversation between Manilow and Bruce Sussman at the Copacabana Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, when they wondered if there had ever been a song with the title 'Copacabana'. There wasn't, and so they decided to write one themselves. 

In 1985, Manilow and his collaborators Sussman and Jack Feldman expanded the song into a full–length, made-for-television musical, also called 'Copacabana', with many additional songs and expanding the plot suggested by the song. 

My collection: 7" single no. 6708
Found: Flea market, Voorburg, 18 April 2022
Cost: €0,5
Tracks: 'Copacabana (At the Copa)' / 'A Linda song'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising