Tuesday 12 April 2022

Tipi-tii - Marion Rung

'Tipi-tii' (best translated as 'Chirpy-chirp') was the Finnish entry at the Eurovision Song Contest 1962 in Luxembourg. It was performed by Marion Rung, a Finnish pop singer who was born on 7 December 1945. The song finished in 7th place, in field of 16 competitors.

This is one of my favourite Finnish songs from Eurovision, but getting hold of the single sure wasn't easy. One copy was for sale on Discogs, put with the centre pushed out and without any sleeve as far as I could see. The copy I bought at the record fair this weekend comes with an original Philips sleeve and the disc is complete with the centre. What more could I ask for? Well, a picture sleeve perhaps, but they were never made back then for this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 6692
Found: Record fair, Den Bosch, 9 April 2022
Cost: €5
Tracks: 'Tipi-tii' / 'Pikku rahastaja'




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising