Tuesday 18 January 2022

Lui - Gigliola Cinquetti

Gigliola Cinquetti's song 'Si' has been translated into many other languages besides the original Italian. On this blog, we've already had 'Ja' (German) and 'Go' (English); today I am adding the French version, 'Lui'. It's a pity this title breaks the two-letter rule, but then that would be hard in French anyway. 

Of all the versions, this one sounds probably the most natural. By that I mean it could easily have been an original French chanson, performed by a French lady. In other words: Gigliola does a beautiful job on this single, and I really like this version a lot. The fact that I could buy it for almost nothing makes this a great acquisition. 

My collection: 7" single no. 6599
Found: Discogs.com, received 15 January 2022
Cost: €0,99
Tracks: 'Lui' / 'Le tandem'

1 comment:

  1. Hello Marcel. I'm always checking your website its a big pleasure to read some news about old releases especially Eurovision things. I would ask maybe you have in collection Eurovision entry from Cyprus 1989, Ireland 1989, Finland 1990, Cyprus 1990, and Israel 1990 or something from that list? Would be a great pleaseure to have a topic with your pictures and memories.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising