Monday 6 December 2021

Wherever I lay my hat (That's my home) - Paul Young

In 1991, the compilation album 'From Time to Time' was released, featuring all the hits by Paul Young from the preceding decade.A few singles were released to promote this album, and 'Wherever I lay my hat (That's my home)' was one of them. 

Quite why the record company thought it was a good idea to release this single, I don't know, because it had already sold many copies in 1983 and not a lot of people would consider buying it again since loads of those singles were widely available in second hand shops. And so the single flopped mercilessly and copies of it are pretty hard to come by, since there weren't a lot of them made I guess. Still, it has a nice cover and the live version on the B-side is worth a spin - although there's no information on the date and venue of this live recording. A bit of a careless release, I would say.

My collection: 7" single no. 6530
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, 25 November 2021
Cost: €2
Tracks: 'Wherever I lay my hat (That's my home)' / 'Wherever I lay my hat (That's my home) (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising