Saturday 6 February 2021

Not So Manic Now (acoustic) - Dubstar

One of the nicest singles from the Nineties was Dubstar's 'Not So Manic Now'. For me, the song was overshadowed by 'No More Talk', another fantastic release by the same band. Their album 'Make It Better', released in 2000 was a relative disappointment, and they disappeared for almost two decades.

Back in 2018, without me knowing it, they released a new album called 'One'. That album was recently re-released and was quickly followed by this single, an acoustic rendition of 'Not So Manic Now' with a cover of the Beatles song 'Free As A Bird' on the B-side. Pressed on orange vinyl, it truly is a thing of beauty - and the first 7" single of Dubstar in my collection.

My collection: 7" single no. 6345
Found: Townsend Music, received 27 January 2021
Cost: 9 euro
Tracks: 'Not So Manic Now (acoustic)' / 'Free As A Bird'

4 comments:

  1. I prefer the music from the 80s. In 1995 there weren't many songs I liked and Dubstar's "Not Manic Now" was one of the best songs at that time. I only have the album "Disgraceful" who is famous for its cover. My favourites in the album are "Not So Many Now" and "Elevator Song". In the UK singles chart they had "Anywhere" (#37), "Not so Manic Now" (#19), "Stars" (#40 and #15), "Elevator Song" (#25). I don't know further releases for the group. I will hear "No More talk" who reach #20 in the uk singles chart.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstar

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had also a cover of "St. Swithin's Day" (Billy Bragg) on the album "Disgraceful". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgraceful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard "No More Talk". I liked the sound of the song but i prefer all the previous singles of the group. "Anywhere" , "Not so Manic Now", "Stars" and "Elevator Song". In the future you must check for any vinyl releases from the first singles of Dubstar. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising