Wednesday 23 December 2020

Paperlate - Genesis


Part of a larger mail order - and I'm glad it escaped the UK before the borders were closed! - this single of Genesis was a steal at just a few pence. I vaguely recalled 'Paperlate' from back when it was in the charts in 1982, and I was quite surprised that it wasn't already in my collection. But these strange omissions turn up from time to time.

'Paperlate' was actually part of an EP that clocks in at over 15 minutes of music. They were part of a session for the album 'Abacab' but according to the blurb on the back of the sleeve they didn't fit on the album - remember when LP's forced artists to stick to a maximum of 45 minutes? 

My collection: 7" single no. 6333
Found: Discogs.com, received 23 December 2020
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Paperlate', 'You might recall' / 'Me and Virgil'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising