Tuesday 19 March 2019

Midnight - Coldplay

Coldplay has become, for some, the epitome of uncool. Still the band manages to release some cool songs from time to time - although I must say that I lost track of them in recent years. I couldn't resist buying this single, though: it was released for Record Store Day in 2014, and limited to just 3000 copies. The B-side contains no music - it just has an etching which frankly isn't even that beautiful. 'Midnight' was taken from the band's album 'Ghost stories', also released in 2014.

I found this single while shopping in Delft, in a real 'bricks and mortar' record shop. 'Support your local record shop' a huge banner inside screamed. 'I would love to', I thought, 'but where I live there are no more record shops'. Still I didn't mind supporting this record shop because they did have a good selection: I also bought two cd's together with this single. It was a good day. It felt good buying music in a real record shop. Shit, I'm getting old.

My collection: 7" single no. 6017
Found: Sounds, Delft, March 16, 2019
Tracks: 'Midnight'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising