Sunday 30 December 2018

Dancing queen - Abba

The compilation album 'Abba Gold' may be one of the most successful compilation albums of all time. Released in 1992, it was the catalyst of a reappreciation of Sweden's most successful export product. Before 1992, the band was snubbed by all 'serious' music lovers, but ten years after the band's unofficial breakup, it had become clear that their pop music stood the test of time and perhaps sounded as modern as anything that was in the charts during the Nineties.

'Dancing queen' was released as the first single from 'Abba Gold', and again became a hit. I didn't buy this single back then, because I already owned a copy of the original 'Dancing queen', but over time I started to regret that decision. These days it's not easy to get hold of those 'Abba Gold' single, but I finally found a copy yesterday... and of course I leapt at the chance.

My collection: 7" single no. 5974
Found: Top 2000 café, Circus, Den Haag
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Dancing queen' / 'Lay all your love on me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising