Monday 31 December 2018

Come on to me / I don't know - Paul McCartney

I am closing the year on this blog with a single from this year! And that's become a rarity, because really there haven't been a lot of good vinyl singles out this year. In fact, I've only bought three: David Bowie and Mylene Farmer being the previous two.

A lot of publicity was given to the new album 'Egypt station' by Paul McCartney. He promoted the album by appearing in a car with James Corden and talking about his time in the Beatles, and giving several interviews in 'serious' music publications in which he was talking about his time in the Beatles. Not a lot of attention went to his new material. This single deserves some attention, though. 'Come on to me' was preferred by most, but I prefer the other A-side: 'I don't know', which Paul shows a more vulnerable side of himself. I like McCartney best when he's not rocking and rolling.

My collection: 7" single no. 5971
Found: Amazon, received December 22, 2018
Cost: 10 pounds (I know, it's ridiculous)
Tracks: 'Come on to me' / 'I don't know'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising