Wednesday 25 October 2017

Popcorn '88 - T.I.C.

It's been a while since I last wrote about the Gershon Kingsley composition 'Popcorn', and that's while I am still collection versions of that tune. Fortunately, every once in a while I stumble on another release. This time it's a 12" single from 1988.

T.I.C.'s version is notable for its use of (sampled?) guitar on the track, something you don't hear very often. There are also a few vocal samples in this track. The 12" single features two versions of the track. And there were only ever two versions by T.I.C., so that is a comforting thought.

It's interesting to see how much has changed in 30 years, by the way: if you'd release this sleeve right now, it would be outright controversial. #metoo. 

My collection: 12" single [unnumbered]
Found: Discogs.com, received October 25, 2017
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Popcorn '88 remix' / 'Popcorn '88 (The Woodstock mix)', 'Talk about love'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising