Tuesday 16 May 2017

The future - Prince

Let it never be said that I stick to my own opinions all of the time. While I'm not too impressed by Prince's soundtrack for the Batman movie in 1989, I recently heard this single 'The future' and thought it was a nice track. Much of this is caused by the excellent remix by Mark Moore and William Orbit.

Moore and Orbit substituted a muted, pulsating beat in place of the original elements of Prince's song. Moore and Orbit also removed Prince's original bassline, synthline, and snippets of sampled dialogue. The single did not chart in the UK and the USA, but managed to peak at number 9 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 5834
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, May 13, 2017
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'The future (remix edit)' / 'Electric chair'

Listen to the song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising