Tuesday 2 December 2014

Dreaming of me - Depeche Mode

Attentive readers of this blog will have seen many entries about Depeche Mode, but one thing was still missing: the band's debut single. I never got round to buying a copy, didn't even know it was missing from my collection in fact. However, I have finally rectified this shortcoming.

Released on February 20, 1981, 'Dreaming of me' only reached number 57 in the UK singles chart and was subsequently not included on the band's debut album 'Speak and spell'. Exactly 30 years after 'Dreaming of me' was first released in the UK, a fan action tried to push the track back into the charts by way of (legal) online downloads. The action failed except in Germany, where the track entered the singles charts for the very first time at number 45 giving the band its 47th chart entry.

My collection: 7" single no. 5667
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 23, 2014
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Dreaming of me' / 'Ice machine'

1 comment:

  1. Great relic of the '80s! I have it on CD but not the vinyl. BTW, when you have time, can you re-up Janet Jackson's "Let's Wait Awhile"/"Nasty" Cool Summer Edit 7"/45? I have been dying to check out the edited remix of "Nasty" for a long time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising