Friday 14 November 2014

I close my eyes and count to ten - Dusty Springfield

'I close my eyes and count to ten' was written by Clive Westlake. Recorded June 1, 1968 at Chappel Studios in London, Dusty Springfield's version was released that August to reach number 4 in the UK singles chart, where it ranks as one of Springfield's biggest hits: only 'I just don't know what to do with myself" (number 3) and 'You don't have to say you love me' (number 1) fared better.

It is quite rare to find such a good copy of one of Springfield's singles, so when I did, I jumped at the chance. It is one of very few 'early' Dusty Springfield singles in my collection. Well, there's always the CD box set 'Dusty', of course.

My collection: 7" single no. 5410
Found: unknown
Tracks: 'I close my eyes and count to ten' / 'No stranger am I'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising