Tuesday 18 November 2014

Dressed for success - Roxette

'Dressed for success' was released on June 28, 1988 as the third single from the Swedish pop duo Roxette's 1988 album 'Look Sharp!'. Originally, 'Dressed for success' was their first Swedish single to promote that album in 1988. It was re-released after 'The look' had become a worldwide hit.

The recording of the song was marked by a dispute between the band members but this apparently contributed to the strength of Marie's performance. According to her: "I was so mad when I did it. Everything about that session went wrong, we argued about the arrangement, we changed the key, I was dead tired of the song when I went in to do a guide vocal. Did it in one blast and suddenly realized, "hmm... this is it"."

My collection: 7" single no. 5465
Found: unknown
Tracks: 'Dressed for success' / 'The voice'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising