Sunday 31 August 2014

Love don't prove I'm right - The Babys


Internal conflicts led to rhythm guitarist and keyboard player Michael Corby being removed from the band by Chrysalis on August 28, 1978. The three remaining members of the Babys - John Waite, Wally Stocker, and Tony Brock - completed the album 'Head first' for a January 1979 release.

'Love don't prove I'm right' was a single taken from that album, the one that spawned their signature hit 'Every time I think of you'. The title track was also released as a single, but didn't fare as well and this one, released exclusively in the Netherlands - as far as I could find out - did even worse, as it failed to chart everywhere.

My collection: 7" single no. 5367
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Love don't prove I'm right' / 'I was one'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising