Saturday 21 April 2012

Sugar me - Lynsey de Paul

With a softfocus sleeve and a singer like Lynsey de Paul, people in the Seventies knew what they were getting: carefully crafted pop songs brought by a tempting but not entirely convincing voice. At least, that's my opinion. I heard 'Won't somebody dance with me' a while ago on the radio and thought it was a nice song, so the hunt for this single was on.

On this German release, the 1973 UK top 20 hit is relegated to the B-side in favour of 'Sugar me', which was a hit the year before and reached number 4. This single was actually released in 1981, in the hope of improving on the number 16 placing in the German chart almost a decade earlier.

My collection: 7" single no. 5325
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 14, 2012
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Sugar me' / 'Won't somebody dance with me'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising