Sunday 4 March 2012

Don't stand so close to me '86 - The Police

For a long time, this 1986 re-recording of 'Don't stand so close to me' was in the history books as the only reunion of the British band The Police and it is still their most recent studio recording. Produced by Laurie Latham, this version is very different from the 1980 original.

This 12" single brings together four versions of the track: the original version, the 1986 version, a dance mix of that 1986 version and a live version of unknown origin. Amazingly, a cd version of this disc also exists: a CD-Video was released in the UK, featuring all four tracks plus the music video for this 1986 version.

My collection: 12" single no. 38
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 15 guilders
Tracks: 'Don't stand so close to me '86 (dance mix)', 'Don't stand so close to me '86' / 'Don't stand so close to me (original version)', 'Don't stand so close to me (live)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising