Tuesday 6 December 2011

Ghost of love - Fiction Factory

Readers of this blog have been able to follow the course of my Fiction Factory collection over the years. I had the 12" single of '(Feels like) heaven' for a long time, then I bought the 7" single of 'Ghost of love' in April 2009, a year later I found the 7" single of '(Feels like) heaven' and now I finally have the 12" single of 'Ghost of love' as well.

This disc features a nice extended version of the title track as well as two B-sides. It's made in the best Eighties traditions: big drums, clear melodies and a remarkable vocal. The band released four more singles plus two albums, so it looks like there's some more collecting to do in future years. At this rate, it should take me about two decades.

My collection: 12" single no. 610
Found: Plaatboef, Den Haag, December 5, 2011
Cost: 2,5 euro
Tracks: 'Ghost of love (extended)' / 'The other side of grey', 'Old game blue flame'

1 comment:

  1. Hello Marcel, there has been a 3rd single taken from the "Through the Warped Wheel" album, it was "All Or Nothing" (with unreleased b-side "Dreaming of Someone". I only have got the 7" single, but no means of transfering onto mp3 format. There is also a 12" version (which I don't have) with "All Or Nothing (extended version) + additional track "I Who Know You".
    Thanks for ur site btw, it's the first time in ages that I've been able to listen to the fantastic "The Other Side Of Grey".

    Laurent, Belgium

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising