Monday 13 June 2011

Angel of the morning - Guys 'n' Dolls

Back in 1979, I got a double LP of the biggest hits of 1978. I was only eight years old and this was a huge addition to my collection of records. I played the album a lot and those tracks of 1978 have all become engrained in my memory. In recent years I have become less interested in LP's and more interested in singles, so it's only logical that I should buy the singles from that LP.

'Angel of the morning' was originally a hit in 1968 for Merrilee Rush. Later versions were recorded by Nina Simone, Juice Newton, P.P. Arnold, Olivia Newton-John, The Pretenders/Chrissie Hynde, Dusty Springfield, Mary Mason, Melba Montgomery, and Billie Davis. Guys 'n' Dolls released their version in November 1977, and had a hit with it at the turn of the year.

My collection: 7" single no. 5124
Found: Backtrack, Antwerpen, June 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Angel of the morning' / 'I must go home alone'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising