Saturday 9 October 2010

Took the last train - David Gates

I didn't know this single when I bought it. I almost didn't buy it, because of the fact it didn't have a picture sleeve - and I always prefer to have those. But then I figured this might never have been released with a picture sleeve and I was curious enough to hear this song upon the strength of David Gates' name alone. The former Bread frontman has been responsible for several great songs.

Boy, was I glad that I bought this single! It's a great upbeat track, very melodic. By contrast, the B-side is a wonderful ballad. It was David Gates' only single to reach the UK singles chart, peaking at number 50 in the summer of 1978.

My collection: 7" single no. 4949
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Den Haag, October 8, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Took the last train' / 'Ann'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising