Friday 2 April 2010

There's got to be a way / I don't wanna cry - Mariah Carey

Although 'There's got to be a way' and 'I don't wanna cry' were released as two separate singles in the USA, in Europe it was a double A-side single. 'I don't wanna cry', the best track of the two in my opinion, was written by Narada Michael Walden and Mariah Carey. Because of bad experiences during its production and because she feels it 'doesn't have a message', Carey later commented that she dislikes the song and tries to sing it as rarely as possible.

'There's got to be a way' was written by Carey and Ric Wake, and pleads for ways to help fix the state of the world. It is one of Carey's few socially conscious songs, and deals with racism and poverty.

My collection: 7" single no. 1504
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, August 6, 1991
Cost: 3,5 guilders
Tracks: 'There's got to be a way' / 'I don't wanna cry'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising