Monday 5 April 2010

Still a thrill - Jody Watley

When I bought this single I wasn't sure whether I already had it or not. But I thought what the hell, it's a limited poster sleeve edition, and that alone warranted this acquisition. So I was really happy to find that I didn't actually have this single, which means that this is a genuine addition to my collection.

Jody Watley was hot in 1987. Her self-titled debut solo album was a smash hit and this, the second single from the album saw her singing in a deep lower register. The single only reached number 56 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and did not chart in the UK, where this limited edition was made.

My collection: 7" single no. 4762
Found: Record fair, Rijswijk, April 5, 2010
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Still a thrill' / 'Looking for a new love (acappella)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising