Sunday 18 April 2010

Ik zie een ster - Mouth and MacNeal

'Ik zie een ster' is the original Dutch version of the 1974 Eurovision entry by Mouth and MacNeal, 'I see a star'. Although they performed the song in English during the Contest - as a result of relaxed language rules - this single contains a version entirely in Dutch.

The song was released as a single in the Netherlands in March 1974 and reached number 3 in the Dutch Top 40. That's quite remarkable, as 'I see a star' finished third during the Contest as well.

My collection: 7" single no. 3694
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, May 5, 2009
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Ik zie een ster' / 'Liefste'

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for this great blog, you keep posting songs I thought I'd never hear again :)

    Just a small request, do you have the English version of this one? my own copy had a huge scratch so the B side "My Friend" was unplayable and it would be great to hear it for the first time 35 years after buying it!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising