Wednesday 17 March 2010

Cry - Godley and Creme

Trevor Horn must be one of the most impressive producers out there, as he's been responsible for so many great records. I am certainly not the only person to think this, since when he produced Godley & Creme's 1985 single 'Cry', it was played to death on radio and television at the time. So much so, that I became sick of the track altogether. Now, 25 years later, I finally brought myself to the point where I could buy and listen to it again.

The single reached number 8 in the Dutch Top 40, number 16 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and number 19 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 4637
Found: All that music, Leiden, March 13, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Cry' / 'Love bombs'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising