Tuesday 2 February 2010

You're the one that I want - John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John

I was never a fan of 'Grease' in 1978, when everyone in my class was. The girls were in love with John Travolta and the boys were in awe of him. Meanwhile, I preferred the singing qualities of Olivia Newton-John but thought the whole madness about one movie was a bit silly. I was always a bit sceptical of manias anyway.

'You're the one that I want' did stand the test of time, however. The single was a number 1 hit in most countries and it is still the sixth best-selling single ever in the UK, where it has sold over 1,975,000 copies.

My collection: 7" single no. 4504
Found: Any old time, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 0,1 euro
Tracks: 'You're the one that I want' / 'Alone at a drive-in movie (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising