Friday 5 February 2010

My guy - Tracey Ullman

Madness recorded 'My girl' in 1979 on their debut album 'One step beyond'. The song first made its way into the band's set when they were performing as The Invaders. The song was written by Mike Barson about his own girlfriend at the time, Kerstin Rodgers.

Tracey Ullman covered the song as 'My guy', altering the lyric to accommodate her gender. Madness' Mark Bedford played bass on the track. Her version peaked at number 23 in the UK singles chart and the Dutch Top 40. The accompanying music video featured the British politician, Neil Kinnock, at the time the Leader of the Labour Party.

My collection: 7" single no. 4536
Found: Any old time, Amsterdam, January 30, 2010
Cost: 0,1 euro
Tracks: 'My guy' / 'Thinking of running away'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising