Saturday 27 February 2010

Dream, dream - Luv'

The second single by the Dutch girl trio Luv' was not able to reach the Dutch Top 40. I was about nine years old when I heard the track (two years after its release) and even back then I concluded that the song was too 'sad' to be a hit. The fortunes of Luv' changed when they started recording consistently happy music.

That's not to say 'Dream, dream' is a bad pop song: it's got a great melody and the lyric, while still full of platitudes, is quite interesting. Finding a copy of this single is quite hard: I think there weren't that much to begin with and these days they don't pop up very often.

My collection: 7" single no. 4579
Found: Velvet Vinyl Outlet, Leiden, February 26, 2010
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Dream, dream' / 'Hang on'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising