Wednesday 10 February 2010

Did it in a minute - Daryl Hall and John Oates

'Did it in a minute' is my bugspray single. I bought the single on the same day I was going on a holiday with my parents and my sister. I was only ten years old, of course, and we were leaving late one afternoon. When I came home with this single, my father had already sprayed my room, so I went up there and held my breath while I lay down the single on the desk in my room. I did it in a minute, by the way. Strange memories can last a lifetime.

The single was not the biggest success for Hall and Oates. While it peaked at number 9 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, it went by unnoticed by the rest of the world.

My collection: 7" single no. 128
Found: Rapsody, Den Haag, 1981
Cost: 3 guilders
Tracks: 'Did it in a minute' / 'Head above water'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising