Thursday 25 February 2010

Bloedend hart - De Dijk

The Dutch band De Dijk ('The Dike') released the single 'Bloedend hart' ('Bleeding heart') in the summer of 1982. The amusing tale of the Christian broadcaster NCRV always stuck with me: they took offence to the line 'Ik kijk wat door de ramen / en ik krab wat aan mijn kont' ('I'm looking through the windows / and I'm scratching my ass') and through some clever manipulation they managed to change the line to '...en ik krab wat aan mijn hond' ('...and I'm scratching my dog'). Personally, I think scratching your dog is a lot nastier than scratching your own ass.

This minor controversy didn't help the single: it failed to reach the Dutch Top 40 when it was released.

My collection: 7" single no. 158
Found: Den Haag, 1982
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'Bloedend hart' / 'Geldgebrek en rock & roll'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising